We had friends over for dinner the other night, and I made a bean salad adapted from a recipe that my friend Katie had shared with me (from here). With the leftovers, I created lunch the next day. The combination of beans and quinoa made for a light, yet satisfying, healthy meal, and the mangos (picked from our own tree!) added a delicious, yet not overpowering, sweetness. I definitely make this again (intentionally, as a complete dish).
Tropical 3 Bean Quinoa Salad
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 2 cups cooked and cooled quinoa
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 2-3 mangoes, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 2-3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp honey
- In a medium bowl, mix salad ingredients.
- In a shaker/blender bottle, combine dressing ingredients and shake well to blend. If you don’t have a blender bottle, whisk in a bowl to combine, streaming the oil in to the other ingredients. Taste dressing and adjust ingredients to taste.
- Pour over salad and stir to coat. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.